Today we will examine the 5 essential keys to a successful and reusable marketing campaign launch. Once you have these basics down, you will be able to use them over and over again.
The 5 essential keys are:
- Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP);
- Put an effective sales offer to work;
- Avoid the marketing pitfalls;
- Use a world-class marketing perspective;
- Get results!
We’ll go through each one of these, so you can see exactly how to use them and how theyall affect the overall outcome of your marketing campaign.Define Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Take the time to ask yourself some questions from the perspective of your customers and/or clients. What would it take to get your attention? What needs do you have that need to be met? What are the promises you want fulfilled?
Once you have identified the answers to these questions, you are ready to develop a plan to meet these needs. Next take a look at what USP your competitors are using to assist in developing your own USP. Your USP is what you are “promising” your customers and/or clients. This is what will set you apart from your competition.
Put an Effective Sales Offer to Work
To develop an effective sales plan, you need to:
- Put together a headline that garners immediate attention;
- Share benefits of your products and/or services from the customers’ perspective;
- Identify the specific needs met by your products and/or services;
- Make it easy to do business with you by offering guarantees;
- Share your specific sales proposition;
- Walk your customers and/or clients through how they should respond and act;
- Motivate your customers and/or clients with a call to action.
What this all means is you need to create a plan that makes your products and/or services special and will compel customers to buy. If they don’t feel like they NEED your product, they won’t buy your product. It is imperative that you answer a question, solve a problem or feed an obsession with your product and/or service.
Ensure you are providing your customers and/or clients with all the information required to make an informed and confident decision. Buyers’ remorse is one of the worst things that can happen to your business.
Avoid the Marketing Pitfalls
There are 5 major marketing pitfalls many businesses fall into that you should avoid:
- Ignoring market testing and soldiering on with an inaccurate plan;
- Offering an incomplete case or reasons throughout the marketing plan;
- Failing to notice the needs of the prospective customers and/or clients;
- Failing to diversify marketing options;
- Failing to get market opinions on offers.The above areas should all be avoided. If you have been working through these lessons, avoiding these pitfalls should be easy and natural.Use a World-Class Marketing Perspective
World-Class marketing perspective is important, especially if you want to attract customers and/or clients from all over the world. You can do this through a number of different techniques and activities:
- Keep a marketing journal and scribble down anything innovative that you come across;
- Keep encouraging yourself or your marketing department to try new things and dump the ones that aren’t working;
- Order from your own company under a different name and analyze the process of your online store, customer service, ordering and shipping, and your product line. This will reveal any areas for improvement in the overall customer experience;
- Read every quality ad you can find and retain for future ideas to consider;
- When out in public, watch how consumers behave in different situations and howthey ponder their purchases;
- Spend time working on the front lines with your sales and customer service staff;
- Continuously acknowledge your staff, vendors and customers. Everyone worksand shops better when they feel appreciated;
- Always listen to feedback from employees and customers;
- Continuously test markets, ads, and marketing techniques. This is the only way to determine what’s working, and more importantly what’s not, on your continued path to success;
- Offer more information in your marketing than anyone else. The more information you offer, the more products and/or services you will sell;
- A great marketing plan can only improve. Continue to refine and pivot your marketing plan based on testing results and feedback;
- Be professional in your marketing. Make sure your marketing and advertising fits your company image, products and/or services, and quality;
- Improve your best marketing areas and discontinue the ones that aren’t working;
- Focus on what you say, not how you say it. The best marketing ideas will naturallyturn into the best marketing plans;
- Develop all your ads, campaigns and sales materials with specific attention tocompelling and factual information.
With these techniques you will be able to get your name out there and become one of the top brands in your industry.
The last area we will touch on is the most important: customer satisfaction. If your customers aren’t satisfied, your marketing resources have been wasted and there is no hope for any positive word-of-mouth advertising. Customer satisfaction will be guaranteed by:
- Providing quality products and/or services;
- Providing high quality customer service;
- Providing a low-pressure, highly informative sales experience;
- Eliminating all risk with an excellent guarantee.To generate more business, there are a couple of simple techniques that work every time:
- Build your database with a contest;
- Do regular mailings with sales, discounts, or other incentives;
- Find other creative ways to keep your current customers coming back for more.“As long as the reward is directly related to your product or service, you can’t lose. Why not get started today? It’s so simple, it’s so seldom done, and it’s so profitable. And that’s the bottom line.” Jay Abraham
It is so simple! So why aren’t you starting today? I can help you put together a great marketing plan that will get you results. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me to acquire the tools and resources you need built by some of the biggest names in the marketing world.